Ketogenic Wrap Up
The Ketogenic Diet has been a great thing, and we will continue using it! I have lost 23 pounds in 6 weeks using the diet and CrossFit along with intermittent fasting and drinking 1-2 gallons of water each day. I’ll be working with the owners of the box I CrossFit at to fine tune things a bit, but overall I think this diet is a winner!
A few things I learned that I would pass on.
1. Use test stix to make sure you are in Keto, but don’t freak out if you only see trace amounts. Trace amount means you are actually deep in Keto and burning fat as desired.
2. Make sure you find some good recipes that taste great and offer change. Doing it with your wife or significant other is a great way to stay on it.
3. Be prepared! Shop, cook and prep ahead of time. It’s important to avoid falling off.
4. Have viable “cheats” which for me are in the form of a low cal coffee from Starbucks. (1/2 water, 1/2 heavy whipping cream and sugar free Cinnamon Dulce Flavor)
5. Consume enough calories, I was hovering around 1200-1500, which is not enough.
6. Learn to workout on an empty stomach, it seems to really help.
7. Drink at least a gallon of water a day.
8. At the beginning, track and measure everything.
9. Don’t cheat. In 6 weeks I did not cheat once, just used the Coffee thing every now and then and that was not a real cheat as I calculated in the carbs and made sure I was still under 5%.
10. Fat bombs are a must! MCT oil is great, and when in a pinch, cheese and nuts.