It seems like it was not that long ago when a few friends and I started replacing several hundred feet of fencing. This required ripping down an old fence that was actually three difference fences all wrapped in barbed wire fencing. It was a nightmare, That’s almost 2 acres worth of fencing. Then we replaced posts that needed to be replaced and put up a very nice new fence.
Fast forward to two years later and I now need to tackle the last stretch. We skipped this stretch of fencing because the vineyards on the other side had taken over the fence. Replacing it before they harvested would have been a loss of some of their grapes. So we held off. Our chickens discovered that the squares in the fence were big enough to walk through and the goats tested the fence which just collapsed under their weight. So we have chickens in our front yard and goats wandering around every now and then.
I started working on the fence on Friday and took before and after videos as I went along. It was a solid 8-10 hours on Friday and then additional hours on Sunday with my wife and a few of the kids to complete. It was a lot of hard work, a lot of digging and a lot of soreness.